Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Crosshairs of Reason Aim Both Ways

Zen over at Daily Whackjob has posted a link to a Staunton News-Leader editorial by Dennis Neal that burns the other (liberal) spectrum of SWAC-area blogs, Cobalt6. The DWJ post is sure to have loads of comments once this gets around to the rest of the blogosphere.

I do find it incredibly funny that A) Neal mis-stated kestrel9000's name as "Andy" Garcia and B) It was a similar editorial (with many of the same criticism) that bashed the Sayre bloggers that was praised heavily, and promoted endlessly by Eddie and Cliff.

Here's a bit from Dennis Neal's editorial...

As far as "nonsense" goes, anyone who's familiar with my distaste for obscenities knows that "nonsense" equals something else. When obscenities were used in response to my posts, I declared myself no longer a participant in the so-called "conversation."

I am convinced more and more that we are headed for the Second Civil War unless we can begin to be civil to one another.

Blogs like Cobalt6 and the SWAC group do not advance anything except hatred. I can't put it any plainer than that. Just because you fly one flag or the other does not make you bullet-proof.

Can't say I, or most logical people, would disagree with that.

5 comments:

zen said...

I loved Andy Garcia in the Godfather

Anonymous said...

Better than Jerry Garcia, I suppose, but I leave that to Eddie to determine.

While all's fair in love and blogging, apparently, Dennis's reaction had more to do with our challenging his own emotional statements in the comments than it did with the overall tone or content of the blog.

kestrel9000 said...

If they're going to confuse me with Andy Garcia, they ought to give me his bank account.
After all, my uncle Jerry disinherited me when I cut my hair.

kestrel9000 said...

Et tu, Zen?

zen said...

I like Jerry very much.