Friday, October 17, 2008

Looking at the 2nd Congressional District...

I'm reading the voter information guide between current Rep. Thelma Drake and her challenge, Glenn Nye (h/t Vivian J. Paige). One question sticks out in my mind...

What's the freaking difference? Both Drake and Nye have the same views, so on almost every issue, I have the same agreements and disagreements.

So, I have to go to the one place where they diverge...Abortion. Nye's answer was pretty nondescript, but but I gather that he supports Roe v. Wade. Drake, on the other hand, believes that this is a state's rights issue, not a federal issue, which I personally agree with.

So, based on that and the fact that I can't justify putting another Dem in the House (I would if I thought he would be an improvement over Drake), I'm going to endorse Rep. Thelma Drake for reelection in the 2nd Congressional District of Virginia.

However, I will say this...I kinda like Glenn Nye. He's a sensible candidate.

No comments: