Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Podium Reaches New Heights

This week, The Podium is ranked as the 4th most influential blog in the state of Virginia according to BlogNetNews.

To some, this is a dubious distinction, as there are those who find flaws with the apparent measure of influence. To others, this is a sole measure of success and status.

Me? I'm just flattered as hell and happy to be here. While I know I'm not the 4th "most-read" blog in Virginia (I'm probably not even the 4th most read blog in Shenandoah County...and there's only 2 blogs in ShenCo that I know of!), I have noticed that there are people who do read my blog on a fairly regular basis.

Sometimes, I get the occasional read from someone at the General Assembly or one of the houses of Congress. Probably some aide browsing the blogs for mentions of the politician they work for.

Note: At the height of my Harry Reid bashing over the Immigration Bill, I received a lot of views from the office of the U.S. Senate Sergeant at Arms...who probably told Sen. Reid "there's this guy in Virginia who hates you!", to which I'm sure he replied something along the lines of "Who cares what that guy thinks! He's probably a damn Republican anyway!"

Nonetheless, I am flattered that I could rank this high. I'm also flattered by every different page hit I get. Do I wish I was as widely read as some of the other blogs in this state? Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't...I'd love for as many people as possible to read my blog. However, as I've said before, I'm just happy to be here.

So, a big thank you to everyone who reads The Podium...I thank you all from the bottom of my cyber-heart. Now, I'm off to watch the Redskins kill the Tampa Bay Buccaneers!

No comments: