Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Herd Continues to Thin Out?

Well, it seems that the race for the GOP nomination for President is continuing to thin out.

- Jim Gilmore is now out.
- Ron Paul's initial support is dwindling, to the point that he no longer qualifies for the Pajamas Media poll because his support in the Gallup polls has dropped under 1 percent.
- John McCain's campaign is in disarray and will most likely fold soon.

This reduces us to 8 contenders. I expect that by mid-fall, you will see a few more of the second-tier guys drop out. Expect Duncan Hunter, Mike Huckabee, Fred Thompson, Rudy Guiliani, and Mitt Romney to make it through to the February primaries. As for the remaining 3, I don't think they'll make it that far.

But that's just me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check your figures again. The last Gallup Poll had Ron Paul at 3%.

Anonymous said...

From the headline, I thought you were talking about Colin Cowherd.

Anonymous said...

The most recent Gallup poll has Ron Paul at 3%, which means he'll be back in the Pajamas Media poll next week.

Phil Chroniger said...

Ok, so I was reading a week-old poll. That I will admit to.