Monday, July 16, 2007

Larry Sabato Nails It

This quote from his most recent Crystal Ball column is very, very true.

"...the Democrats keep looking for another John F. Kennedy and the Republicans continue to search for a second Ronald Reagan; neither party will ever find its man."

While it's always good to look to the past to find inspiration for the future, as well as to not repeat the same mistakes twice, both parties need to realize that you can't simply attempt to find a clone of a previous leader. You need to find someone who will do great things for America in current times, as well.

That's why I like Fred Thompson. He embodies a lot of the aspects of Ronald Reagan that I like, and he has a certain demeanor that reminds me of Reagan, but I will never say that Fred Thompson is the second Ronald Reagan. Fred Thompson is Fred Thompson...simple as that. That's why I like him.

No comments: