Friday, August 3, 2007

Dead Heat Continues at the Top

I forgot to do the weekly Rasmussen Reports update for the 2008 GOP nomination. As of 07/30, Fred Thompson and Rudy Guiliani are tied at 25%. On the daily poll, today Guiliani holds a 26% to 22% lead over Thompson. Mitt Romney has held steady in 3rd place, while McCain (in the daily poll) slipped to 9%.

I sense a feeling of anxiousness and impatience from many conservatives over Fred Thompson's non-announcement of an official candidacy. Being a Fred-head, I can't say I totally blame them. I do believe that the Labor Day weekend may very well be Fred's last chance to capitalize on the momentum he has built. Once he makes an official announcement, speculation suggests that many of those donors who have withheld their fundraising dollars will open up their wallets.

However, I do maintain that there is nothing wrong with Rudy Guiliani, either...so there won't be sour grapes from me if he wins the nomination.

No comments: