Saturday, May 12, 2007

Just Because I'm Fair...

An anonymous comment was left on my abortion post from Friday. I accidentally deleted it, but I felt it wouldn't be fair to just say "oh well" and let it be, even though the person did not agree with me. Unfortunately, I'm unable to retrieve the text.

They made a pretty good argument about the medical benefits of a partial-birth abortion. There were a few "you're ignorant to the subject" and "you're just spewing rhetoric" comments sprinkled in there, but about 60-70% of the comment was informative to varying degrees.

I do want to say to this anonymous poster that the procedure does not make me squeamish, it makes me sick, and I have a strong stomach for watching these things. I simply believe in a certain level of humanity when it comes to these types of procedures. I need not speak to a doctor about the procedure when I'm simply talking how the procedure is performed, and whether or not it is a humane act.

I particularly don't care if this act of partial-birth abortion were to cure cancer, AIDS, altzheimer's, Parkinson's, and contribute to world peace...there has to be a better and more humane way, and I believe better ways can be found through research.

Simply put, that's my moral belief. You're free to disagree, "anonymous", but I'm pretty well set on this one.

No comments: