Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Some Liberals Express Hate for Falwell...

...that is, despite the best efforts of several prominent liberal blogs (Huffington Post, Crooks and Liars) to try and keep a certain level of respect and decency about the comments, so kudos to them. In fact, some of the comments at the Huffington Post were so bad that they blocked all comments.

News Buckit has a report on all the crazed comments here.

I understand Falwell was a polarizing political and social figure, and I personally believe that the man is part of the reason why conservatives catch so much flak from the left for their political ties to the "religious right".

I have never been one to agree with any person who believes that "if you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being" (his words, not mine). However, I have found many of the comments that I've seen as equally repulsive as some of the things Falwell has said in his lifetime.

I have to commend all of the Virginia blogs that I have read so far, they have managed to keep a conciliatory and respectful tone about Falwell's death, no matter if they were conservative or liberal. Kudos to them.

No comments: