Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Another Podium Endorsement

As I stated in my previous post, I'm endorsing Republican Linda McMahon for Senate in Connecticut.

Ok, so I am a bit biased being a pro wrestling fan/columnist. I mean, after all, she was the CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment. However, she's actually got a lot of qualities I like in a candidate. For example...

- Fiscally conservative, strong business background (her husband was the "face", but she was the fiscal brains behind the company...which has been fiscally sound for a long time). Also known for work in education, and was appointed to the Connecticut Board of Education.

- Made many initiatives that supported our troops by partnering the WWE with the USO. The WWE puts on a free show every year in either Iraq or Afghanistan for the troops that gets aired in the states. BTW, this year's "Tribute to the Troops" will air this Sunday on NBC at 9 pm.

- Clean campaign...limiting contributions to her campaign to $100. Not accepting PAC or special interest money. A clear contrast to the incumbent, Chris Dodd.

I like Linda McMahon's moxie, her fiscal positions, and the fact that she has had a successful career in business. In economic times such as these, it's good to have someone who has some sense on how to manage money.

No comments: