Thursday, December 17, 2009

Marking OUT!!!

As you know, I'm a huge pro wrestling fan...I have been since I was a little kid. Today, I got the greatest news that I could have possibly ever heard as a fan.

The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be will return to the WWE on a short-term contract, effective January 1, 2010.

That's right, Bret "Hitman" Hart will be coming back to the WWE, and it appears he will be the full-time GM of Raw, and might be wrestling Vince McMahon himself at Wrestlemania XXVI. I'm a huge Hart fan, my favorite wrestler of all time. Nobody, in my opinion, has been as consistently great throughout his career as Hart has. Only a few are in his category as an elite performer. This is most surprising given his rocky relationship with the WWE from 1997 to 2005, and the fact that a stroke (brought on by one too many concussions) ended any possibility to a return to the ring.

Hart prided himself on having never injured another wrestler in his entire career, which began in the late 70's. He was ranked number 39 on the CBC's list of the 50 greatest Canadians in 2004, and was a WWE Hall of Fame inductee in 2006, Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame inductee in 2008, and 1996 Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame inductee.

In the WWF (now WWE), he was a 5-time World Champion, 2-time Intercontinental Champion, 2-time Tag Team Champion, 1994 Slammy winner for "Wrestler of the Year", the second Triple Crown winner in WWF/E history, 1994 Royal Rumble co-winner, and 1991 and 1993 King of the Ring tournament winner. In WCW (where he wrestled for less than 3 years), he was a 2-time World Champion, 4-time United States Champion, and a 1-time Tag Team Champion.

Yes, many of you may ridicule me, but I don't care...I have every reason to mark out like a 10 year old and I intend on doing so for the next 5 months!

No comments: