The Washington Times reports that beyond the seats of the retiring Chris Dodd and Byron Dorgan, 6 other Senate seats currently held by Dems are going to have major problems holding onto their seats. They are...
- Senate Majority Leader Harry "The Weasel" Reid of Nevada, who is now trailing badly in recent polls.
- Blanche Lincoln of Arkansas, who sold out her vote on the health care bill, and cannot break 41 percent in any poll with any of her 4 potential GOP challengers.
- Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania, the Democrat-turned-Republican-turned-Democrat now trails Congressman Pat Toomey in the latest Rasmussen polls, and is not highly favored by Pennsylvanians.
- Kristen Gillibrand of New York, who is only ahead of George Pataki by o.2% in the latest RCP poll aggregation.
- Michael Bennet of Colorado is trailing former Lt. Gov. Jane Norton by almost 10 points.
- There is a open race in Ohio where former Congressman Rob Portman leads Ohio Lt. Gov. Lee Fisher by 7 points in the latest polls there.
8 potential Senate pick-ups for the GOP here...they have an opportunity to really close the gap. Let's just hope that Steele and Company don't fumble the ball here.