Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Krehbiel Hits It On The Head

A recent post at Krehbiel's Commentary caught my eye...

"Regarding the recent surge in good news about the surge that I keep hearing about, how will we know it was the surge that worked and not simply the passage of time? The answer, I suspect, is that politicians and pundits will tell us so, which is not much of an answer. But if that will allow us to finally declare victory in the "war" that we decisively won over four years ago, I'm all for it. Except then we'll have to start the reconstruction phase all over again -- maybe this time we'll actually get to call it a reconstruction and things will go better."

I do agree, we won this war decisively long ago...it's been an occupation ever since. The problem is, the Iraqi government needs to step up to finish this reconstruction. That's the key aspect that needs a lot of focus if we're going to end this thing right.

No comments: