Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Stunningly Simple Interpretation of Words

Eddie thinks I'm attempting to "spin" his statements.

When I said that you "abhorred your own listeners", I'm referring to the fact that your listeners are the residents of the Valley, are they not? Anyone within the range of your radio station's towers are, at the least, potential listeners.

Anyway, in the post I linked to above, Eddie did manage to clarify his statements (at least, he narrowed his scope of who he was referring to as bigots and hatemongers). Whether he knows it or not, though, his statements come across more sweeping and generalized to the objective eye than he may have realized.

Did I intentionally spin your comments to mean something different? No, I simply read them for what they were, and interpreted them as they stood.

Eddie finishes up his "reaction" with this...

"What I do think is that the haters are louder around here, and greater in number.
But at the end of the day, I see people as individuals.
And Phil Chroniger should know better than that kind of crap."

Exactly...what you think is that there are more "haters" around here than anywhere else you've lived. Again, that's your opinion/experience, you're entitled to that. However, given MY experience, I'm inclined to disagree. I don't think you realize that your own words were much broader in their targets without your recent "clarification."

However, I'm not one for "blog wars". I've said my piece and you've said yours. You believe one thing, I believe another. I guess we'll just have to leave it at that.

And those people you believe to be haters, you'll have to answer to them...not to me, because I am not one that spews hate or spins statements in ways that aren't true for the sake of doing so.

And Eddie Garcia should know better than that kind of crap.

No comments: