Monday, August 6, 2007

Will Someone Tell Raising Kaine That I Am Hispanic?

They failed to realize this when attempting to make judgments on how "monolithically white" conservative bloggers are, and I'm not going to register over there simply to correct them.

With all the posts that I've made that clearly state this, you'd think Lowell would've figured this out. I guess the fact that I support conservative politics and am against illegal immigration somehow makes me "not Hispanic".

Or maybe it's the Dutch last name from my father's side :) However, considering my skin tone, facial features, and my mother's place of origin...it's a pretty safe bet that I'm Hispanic.

UPDATE...upon re-reading the post (and upping RK's page hits...doh!), I read that Lowell said that this was among "clearly Republican blogs". Since my blog is only "cloudy Republican, clearly somewhat-conservative", I'm assuming this is why I was not counted towards the "minority count".

1 comment:

Shaun Kenney said...

I guess Jason and I don't count for being Irish-Lebanese.

Of course, Kenney is not exactly the most Lebanese name in the word... so I'll forgive.